As a customer, it is vital to be fully aware of the contents of this page, which in tandem with the terms set out on the hire agreement constitute the terms and conditions of hire. Breach of any of these terms, depending on the nature of the breach, may give rise to: the loss of your security deposit; a breach in the terms of the vehicle's insurance leading to a lack of cover for an individual or occurrence; a criminal offence being committed.
Glossary of Terms
Refers to the hire of the vehicle as recorded on this agreement, and any additional drivers also recorded on this agreement.
Refers to vwKamperhire.co.uk; vwkamperhire.com; its employees and agents.
Refers to the hire of the vehicle as recorded on this agreement, any additional drivers also recorded on this agreement, and vwKamperhire.co.uk and its employees and agents.
Refers to the entirety of the hire agreement, to include the first page with details of the hire, the vehicle and any charges, and every part and page of these terms and conditions, all of which constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
Refers to the provision to you of the vehicle by us in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
Refers to the vehicle provided to you by us in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
Refers to any and all charges levied at you by us in respect of the hire of the vehicle in accordance with the terms of this agreement: mandatory, elective and/or refundable; to include deposits, daily rates, additional extras and penalty charges.
Refers to any supplemental and/or additional item provided by us to you as part of the hire of the vehicle according to the terms of this agreement, that nonetheless does not form part of the vehicle itself.
Refers to any loss or defect that arises while the vehicle is in your care, whether cosmetic, electrical or mechanical, that causes the vehicle to no longer be in the same condition as it was when we provided it to you.
Hire of the Vehicle & Extras
1. Collection & Return of Vehicle
a) You must collect the vehicle between 3pm and 5pm on the day that hire is due to commence in the allocated 15 min slot. Please allow at least 15 minutes to demonstrate the workings of the vehicle and its accessories.
b) You must return the vehicle by 11am on the final day that hire is arranged for. The vehicle must be clean and in the same condition as when it was collected and must have a full tank of the correct fuel type. Should this prove not to be the case, a charge will be levied, which will in the first instance come out of your security deposit. If you return the vehicle
beyond 2pm then you will be liable for a full day’s hire charge at the prevailing time (this could be a charge of up to £200).
c) Should the vehicle have been involved in an accident involving damage to itself or third-party property, you will be liable for the policy excess currently £750
d) If it becomes clear that you will be late returning the vehicle, you must advise us immediately, as any failure to do so may mean that you are driving the vehicle while uninsured, which may in turn give rise to your prosecution. All late returns are charged an additional £40.00 per hour.
e) there is no refund for returning the vehicle early.
a) All drivers must be aged between 25 and 75 years old and have held a full valid driver's licence for two years. We reserve the right to refuse the hire of a vehicle to any driver we see fit without explanation.
b) Details of any additional drivers will be required at least 7 days in advance of the commencement of hire.
c) A valid driver's photographic licence plus DVLA license summary PDF must be produced by all drivers at the commencement of hire. Copies/scans of both licenses to be uploaded to our website in advance of the day of hire commencement.
d) Each driver must also provide two forms of identification which must be two of the following - utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage statement or council tax bill that matches the driving license address and is dated within the three months of the hire commencement.
e) Drivers will be held personally liable for any and all legal penalties (e.g.: fines, charges or illegal activities undertaken), which are incurred during the period of hire, except where those penalties can be proven to reflect upon the condition of the vehicle at the point of hire.
f) You are not allowed to drive our vehicles if you have been a disqualified driver within the last 5 years; conviction for drink driving; conviction for theft or unauthorised taking of a vehicle. If unsure then please contact us to verify circumstances with the insurance company/
3. Rules on the use of the Vehicle (Do's & Don’ts)
You agree the vehicle is not to be:
• driven in excess of the speed limit
• T2 Campervans must not exceed 55 miles per hour
• T5 & T6 Campervans must not exceed 70 miles per hour
• driven in an unsafe, reckless or dangerous manner
• driven off the road or on unsafe road surface
• used in a manner which could cause damage to the vehicle, its passengers or third parties or their property
• driven in an area prohibited by law, by us or on private property to which access is excluded
• driven by a person in any way under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit
• driven by any person not authorised by us to do so (see Glossary of Terms, Driver/Drivers)
• driven by any person under the age of 25
• driven by any person not legally entitled to drive a motor vehicle
• driven by any person not legally entitled to drive a motor vehicle of this type
• driven by any person not in possession of a full valid driving licence
• left unoccupied with any of the keys in or on the vehicle
• left unoccupied with the CD/radio fascia in place
• left unoccupied without the steering lock in place
• submerged in water, or put into contact with saltwater
• used for any illegal purpose, or for any race, rally or contest
• used to tow any other vehicle and/or trailer
• used to carry passengers/property for hire and reward
• used to carry more passengers/property than is permitted by the specific hire agreement entered into
• used to carry volatile material (including but not limited to liquids, gases, explosives or corrosives)
• used in any way that would breach your obligations under the hire agreement
• permit smoking in or near the campervan or awning
• lent or hired the campervan to a third party
• used to carry more passengers than the permitted capacity of the camper van
• used on adverse road or weather conditions
• moved without the written consent of VWKamperhire out of the permitted counties on the UK mainland
• for avoidance of doubt the T2s, Clementine, Olive & Skye cannot be driven outside the following counties Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset.
Should any of these rules be broken then the hire agreement is terminated, and you will be liable for recovery of the vehicle and any charges.
4. Smoking in the Vehicle
Smoking of any kind is banned in or near our vehicles/awnings. There will be a deduction from your security deposit should there be evidence of smoking having taken place within the vehicle upon its return to us.
5. Taking Pets
Should you wish to bring a pet or pets along, please ensure you have booked a campervan that is permitted to carry pets. We reserve the right to refuse to allow your pet or pets at our own discretion and without explanation.
Should your pet cause damage to the vehicle's interior and/or accessories, the cost of rectification will be deducted from your security deposit in the first instance.
Pets should never be left alone or unsupervised in the campervan
6. Modifications to the Vehicle
You will not make any modifications of any kind to the vehicle's exterior, interior, mechanical or electrical workings or accessories without our prior consent.
7. Maintenance of the Vehicle
You will ensure that the vehicle is properly maintained while in your care, within a reasonable limit. This is to include checking oil and water levels on a daily basis and ensuring that the vehicle's tyres are safe before moving off.
Regular checks of the battery are also essential. Do not continue to run the battery for an extended period in order to run electrical equipment or accessories.
If you cause damage to the engine through driving too fast (over 55mph in the T2 campervans) over too long a period of time and ignore warning lights, you will be liable for any repairs required or even the cost of a replacement engine.
Provided the fault is not due to your actions, or due to any breach of these terms and conditions or of this agreement, we will reimburse you up to £50.00 for proportionate and reasonably incurred costs in effecting any mechanical repair with the vehicle, providing that you can provide receipted documentation proving the work undertaken and the amount incurred and have received our prior consent to undertake the work.
8. Choice of Vehicle
Although we want you to have the van of your choice, we must allow for unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to provide you with a suitable comparable or superior alternative, without notice, upon collection. Should a substitute not be available upon collection we will be responsible for a full refund or monies received by us together with any reasonable and foreseeable loss or expenses you may incur as a result. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or vans not being available when you seek to change, cancel or vary the agreement after departure.
If you cause damage to the vehicle intentionally or unintentionally you will be liable for the first £750 cost of repair, if we are unable to claim on our insurance policy you will be liable for the full cost. If you cause damage to the contents intentionally or unintentionally you will be liable for the first £750 cost of repair, if we are unable to claim on our insurance policy you will be liable for the full cost. In both cases you will have terminated the hire agreement.
10. Charges and Payments
You must confirm the availability of your chosen vehicle with us at the time of booking. A booking is only fully confirmed once a non-returnable booking deposit of £150.00 has been received, at which point your confirmation email will be sent. The balance of the hire charges must then be paid at least 6 weeks before hire commences.
Should booking occur within 6 weeks of the date that hire is due to commence, the full hire charges will be payable immediately upon booking and upon receipt the confirmation email will be sent.
Payment of the deposit charges can be by debit card or credit card we accept the following below: Visa Debit or Credit, Mastercard Debit or Credit
Payment of the outstanding hire charge should be by bank transfer.
We reserve the right to charge daily interest on outstanding charges where not received 6 weeks before the booking at the rate of 2% compounded. If you have not made full payment when we requested or 28 days before hire commencement, whichever is sooner, then we are entitled to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
Cancellations must be made in writing and are charged at the following rates:
• 6 weeks before, you will lose the non-refundable £150.00 booking deposit.
• 6 weeks to 4 weeks 50% of the total hire charge
• 4 weeks to No Show: 100% of the total hire charge
Your Security Deposit
A security deposit for the amount shown below is payable (pre-auth credit card) before hire can commence. You will not incur any charges if upon the return of the vehicle and provided it and any accessories are delivered on time and in the same condition as when they left. This must include a full tank of the correct fuel type.
• 25-75 Years Old
• UK Hire and Residency European Hire / Non-UK Residency
You will be charged if the vehicle is returned past the agreed time, at £50.00 per hour.
Should any damage to the interior of the vehicle and/or the accessories exceed the security deposit, you will be liable for settling these additional costs.
Should any damage to the exterior exceed the security deposit and we are unable to reclaim through are insurance company then you will be liable for settling these additional costs.
Should the damage not exceed the security deposit then we will only charge you for the amount required to set right the damage and will return the remainder of the deposit to you.
Any missing items from with the vehicle will be charged against your security deposit and we reserve the right to apply an administration charge.
Chargeable Insurance Extras
Insurance for additional drivers is charged at £8.00 per additional driver per day (in whole or in part). We reserve the right to refuse hire of a vehicle to any driver we see fit without explanation.
You can also purchase vehicle excess insurance from Questor or Icarinsurance. This is approximately £10 a day.
The vehicle is supplied full of fuel and must be returned full of fuel, in the event the vehicle isn't returned full then a charge for fuel and administration charge will be applied, the administration charge is currently £25. All our T2 bays are petrol and all our T5 & T6 vehicles are diesel.
Comprehensive insurance cover is included in the stated price, with a standard excess of £750.00 payable in the event of any accident damage to either the vehicle or third-party property. You will be liable for this excess from your security deposit. If you damage tyres or the windscreen which is not covered by our insurance policy, you will be liable for the replacement costs from the security deposit.
The driver, or drivers, must be a minimum of 25 years old in order for them to be covered, and as a consequence we will not allow any additional driver below this age.
Repair costs which are less than the Insurance Excess will be invoiced directly to the Hirer. An insurance claim will only be made if the total repair cost exceeds £750.
Hirers cannot be insured in the following circumstances:
• Hirers under 25 or over 75 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.
• Hirers aged 25 or over unless a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom, or International equivalent has been held for 24 months.
• Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed in the last 5 years.
• Parking offences and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored, except where it has resulted in a ban.
• Persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits or any heart complaint.
• Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
• Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
• Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
• Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
• Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
The following are not covered by our Vehicle Insurance:
• Windscreen, glass & tyre damage
• Minor damage to exterior vehicle paintwork, and with total repair costs less than £750
• Loss/damage/theft to the radio, stereo equipment, and aerials
• Personal effects within or from the vehicle
• Interior damage including burns, to seats, flooring and living or cooking equipment
• Any equipment/accessories on hire
• Any consequential expenses or additional costs incurred in hiring alternative vehicles
• Missed transport, accommodation, travel expenses or any third-party claims in connection with a breakdown or accident
• The Hirer shall be liable to pay the cost of repair of any damage which the campervan may suffer as the result of wilful or negligent action of the Hirer
As part of the hire agreement you are expected to sweep out any debris in the campervan and wipe down all internal surfaces before returning the vehicle.
You also agree to bring the camper van back in a condition that is not unreasonably dirty on the outside.
We reserve the right to apply a cleaning charge of £25 per hour if the above conditions have not been met.
13. Accidents, Breakdowns & Incidents
We will hand over the vehicle in good mechanical condition. In the event of a breakdown rendering the vehicle immobile, you must immediately telephone us in order that we can instruct our nominated breakdown service to arrange for recovery to our own local Volkswagen-approved body shop.
Should an accident occur while the vehicle is in your care, or should any accident, loss or damage occur to the vehicle, you must inform us within 24 hours.
Any theft, road traffic accident or damage to third party property arising out of your use of the vehicle must be reported by you to the local police. Names, addresses and contact telephone numbers for any and all third parties and witnesses must be obtained by you, even if the matter appears to be straightforward and/or the damage minimal.
By signing this agreement, you undertake to assist us and our representatives in handling any claim arising from any accident, incident or event occurring while the vehicle is in your care, including but not limited to the completion of report forms and witness statements, interview by our representatives or their agents and attending Court to provide evidence.
If you arrange for the vehicle to be recovered to any other location, you will meet the cost of recovery to our own local Volkswagen-approved body shop.
If mechanical breakdown results in a shortened holiday and the breakdown is not a result of driver error then we will refund each complete day of non-use, minus the non-refundable deposit. We will not be liable for any losses you have incurred or any other consequential loss claims arising from the breakdown
14. Rights of the Parties
Road & Weather Restrictions
We reserve the right at our discretion to restrict hire in certain locations, at certain times or in certain circumstances due to adverse or unsafe road or weather conditions.
Substitution of Vehicle
We reserve the right to substitute the vehicle booked with an alternative vehicle at our discretion and without consultation with you.
Ending the Hire Agreement
We may end this agreement and take back the vehicle from you at any time, for any reason and without notice.
Such reasons may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• if any part of this agreement is found to have been breached by you
• if you are found to have misrepresented yourself or your circumstances in providing information to us relating to the hire, deliberately or in ignorance of the facts
• if the vehicle is discovered abandoned
• if the vehicle is not returned to us on the agreed date or we have reasonable cause to believe that it will not be returned on the agreed date
• if we consider that there is reasonable cause to believe that the vehicle is being used in an unsafe or dangerous manner
Should this agreement be ended prematurely in such a fashion and/or for such a reason, you will be entitled to no refund of any part of the hire charges or security deposit from us.
Title to the Vehicle
You acknowledge that we continue to hold title to the vehicle and that you act as bailee only. You acknowledge that no part of this agreement provides you with a right of any kind to pledge our credit or cooperation in connection with the vehicle, and you agree not to do so.
You will not offer or attempt to offer to sell, lend, hire or assign of any part of the vehicle and/or its accessories or this agreement to any party of any kind, or otherwise deal with the vehicle and/or its accessories in any way other than that allowed by this agreement.
Release & Indemnity
Subject to our obligation to deliver the vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle to you, you release us, our employees, servants and/or agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you or a third party by reason of your use and/or possession of the vehicle, including but not limited to:
• any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the vehicle being discovered unsuitable for your purposes.
• any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle, or on any part of our premises, or recovered or handled by us.
Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with us, you hereby agree to indemnify us and continue to indemnify us, our employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by you or by a third party by reason of your use and/or possession of the vehicle.
15. Health & Safety
You must follow the health and safety guidelines when operating the campervan and its appliances and using any equipment in the campervan or awning/tent.
16. This Agreement
Any alterations and/or amendments to this agreement must be made in writing and must be signed by the parties.
This agreement will in all instances be governed by English law, and this agreement, including the terms and conditions, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. No additional oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement can supersede the terms of this agreement without the prior consent of the parties.
We reserve the right to add or amend any charges referred to in this agreement without prior notice to you.
You are responsible for returning any accessories that you have hired; if these items are lost or stolen then this will be subtracted from your deposit. In addition, if the items are not returned in the same condition as they were provided at the outset of the hire this will be subject to repair or replacement costs from your deposit.
Any damage to the accessories will be subtracted from the deposit.
18. Customer Parking
Customer cars that are parked at our premises are left at your own risk.
VWKH Limited trading as VwKamperhire.co.uk & VwKamperhire.com
Company number 11607312